Monday, January 9, 2012

Ramadan Is Over Before It Began

So, in considering the implications of not eating during the day, I had to remind myself of what my life would be like in February. I would wake up at 4am, bike to work and eat and eat and eat until Sunup. I would then not eat, bike to school, go to classes, eat what little I could bring with me on my bike after the sun goes down, bike home, and then eat. That is if I didn't pass out. I think that until I am out of school, Ramadan is a bust. And so here are the new and improved goals:


January: Eat no meat. I'm going to try and become a vegetarian for an entire month. This one will be one of the hardest, I think.
FebruaryBe in bed by 9:30 pm every night. This will be harder than I think.
MarchRead the New Testament.
April: Do all shopping at small businesses.
May: Recycle everything that can be recycled. Hopefully, this one will continue on.
June: No surfing the web and no T.V. (I would say no computer, but I'll be in school and will need it for that, however, the important thing is no entertainment from those sources).
July: Listen to only classical music.
August: Bike: 1. From Orem to Kamas. I'd start at about 4am and bike up Provo Canyon to Heber. There I will be picking up McKay and we will proceed to Kamas. 2. Summit three peaks: Squaw Peak, South Fork, Sundance. 
September: Consume no sugar. This one will be difficult, and I'll probably need to set some parameters because so much stuff has sugar, It'll probably be no candy, drinks junk food, etc.
October: Meditate 20-30 minutes a day. This may not seem so bad, but true meditation is really hard. Just can't clear my head.
November: Write a 50,000 word novel for NaNoWriMo. Also, say a pray of thanksgiving everyday.
December: Read Jesus the Christ and the Christmas story. I need to focus on the meaning and cause of Christmas, and so, I am hoping this will help.

No comments: