Friday, January 20, 2012

Still No Meat

I am still not eating meat. It is getting better. It was actually not to bad until a friend of mine (Kevin) offered me J Dawgs and then I went for a week straight of cravings. But I'm doing better now. I am starting to want meat that I normally never ate. But I am holding strong. I can tell a difference in my body and I can tell I've lost weight and I feel better. I would like to continue this, but I just like meat. I think I am going to try and cut back severely, though. Have almost no red meat. (Eat it very rarely). And limit other meats to only once or twice a week. I want to hold on to the habits as best I can and I think I may make a rule not to eat meat at work or school. That will help limit myself and will help me to eat better and plan better meals.

My book reading hasn't really worked out. I haven't been able to get into the books I got at the beginning of the year and so I am going back to two of my favorite books to get me going. Hyperion and Slaughterhouse-Five. I think this will help me quite a bit.

2 comments:

Jeffrey Root said...

When you go back to eating meat you will find that eating shrimp will take the cravings away from eating red meat. It's also pretty cheap if you think about it.

Cap said...

That's good to know. I'm a huge seafood fan, so that's even better.