Monday, August 15, 2011

Biking Stats

Sorry for all of the posts about biking, but it is a recent obsession. I've been biking for a few reasons. Mostly exercise, but also some moral sense of needing to do something to help the environment. (I am aware the effect me not driving a car has is basically 0). Anyway, I thought I would put down some of my stats as far as how car I bike and weight loss, etc.

Miles biked in the last month: ~380
Average miles per day: 18
Calories burned per week: 4500-5000
Weight loss: ~7lbs

Also, I've been (roughly) counting calories. Not so much counting as averaging-ish. I want to lose weight and get to about 160. I've been learning a lot about healthy living and am loving it. Lesa and I have been doing a great job with our garden and eating healthy. We set some goals for our eating habits and have been able to stick with them really well. Here's the calorie chart I've been some-what following:

Monday: 1719
Tuesday: 1480
Wednesday: 2063
Thursday: 1719
Friday: 1547
Saturday: 1891
Sunday: 1719

I lose between 4000-5000 of those a week. That's 1000 cal def. So I should lose between 1-3lbs a week doing this. Once I hit 160lbs. I'll probably increase my cal intake a bit to try to even it out a bit.

It's funny. 3 years ago I didn't care about eating healthy at all. But I think it is important to be able to live healthy and self sustaining as much as possible, as well as stay active. Biking does this for me. Today, (because of a crazy storm last night and early this morning) I did not bike to work. I feel . . . guilty about it. Sure, there was absolutely no way I could have biked this morning, but it is sunny now. And that means I could have biked home. It's definitely an obsession. The winter will be hard. I'll be biking the 5ish miles to school everyday, which will help, and will probably start biking on Saturdays to keep the 90-100 miles per week up. But driving to work will suck. But, knowing myself, biking at 4am in January doesn't sound pleasant at all.

But for now. I'm happy biking.

No comments: